Feb 2, 2010

Breathe...

Thought I had to work today. My boss reconciled with the one chick, so I have my day off back. All my errands are done, laundry is folded. Today I do believe I shall catch up on all my blog reading and an actual novel I have. I am glad I am a low maintance chick. I was reflecting on all the things that make me happy. Most of them cost next to nothing, yet mean the most to me. I have my novels next to my bed. Photographs. My postcard collection. Some really cool prints I have picked up here and there. Those "things" are what bring me comfort. Sure, diamonds are beautiful and I love to go shopping. I would be more upset if someone took my books than one of my rings. Photographs are the best treasure of all. I flip through them when I feel blue. A smile captured on film is priceless. These little "things" are what brings me joy. So take your joy where you can. It doesn't have to cost a penny. Good friends, family. Yes, it might sound trite and corny, but so what. I have a Norman Rockwell calendar above my computer. I look at his artwork, and I think he caputured the part of Americana that is the best part. The innocence and beauty of people. It still exists in some small towns today. Here is a toast to the simple things in life. Cheers!

2 comments:

Lou said...

You sound very content. Good to read! I haven't had a lazy day with a good book in awhile..

Lori said...

Lou- The only thing that put a damper on it was ANOTHER SNOW STORM...UGH...