May 11, 2010

An unhappy ending

I went into work on the graveyard shift on Mother's Day. The clientle has been getting worse. We had no cook, only a sick manager doing the best he could. Long story short 2 aferican american girls and one boy came in and was nothing but trouble. Told me to go fetch their drinks, cursed every foul word you could think of and before I knew it, two of them had me against the wall punching me. In twenty years of waitressing I have never had a physical confrontation with a customer. I talked to the off duty cop and we were just having that conversation you have as you age. He said it is a new dawn, a rather sad one at that. The people I have been waiting on at that time of night are not the same ilk that I waited on ten years ago. It made me sad to think that violence would erupt over pancakes. I am a human being working to put a roof over me and my boy's head. I am taking Paxil which is supposed to make me happy, according to the tv and the doctor, lol. I am now just taking my life one day at a time. My son was great on Mother's Day and all was well. The times they are a changin' and so am I.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad people, but people have always wanted to take it out on the "little Guy". Just glad I wasn't there or else they would have arrested me, double vision, cane and woobly walk and all

Kathy M. said...

Two of them had you against the wall, punching you? That sounds serious. I hope you're okay.

Lori said...

Whitemist- I am not innocent in all this. I tossed a glass of lemonade at the girl. I have never been verbally abused like that in my life. I went to the doctor. Some contusions on the left side of my head, but I am ok.

Kathy- I am ok. Thanks for you concern. I am not working that shift unless he puts security in at all times.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jesus, I'm sorry they did that to you. What a bunch of scuzzy punk-asses.

Some people have no respect for others.

Love,

SB