Aug 6, 2011

How much will money buy?

I am sitting here typing before I have to go to work. I am listening to a song and one of the lines is "How much will money buy"..It got me thinking. The importance of the almighty dollar. You can't survive without it. Some of us don't have very much, others have so much that it makes you wonder. How much is enough? How many flat screen tvs, jewelry etc. does one person need? I tend to shop when I get depressed. After all the bags are opened and the price tags cut off, I don't think I feel any better. I go for rides and see the beautiful homes that have at least 5 bedrooms. I wonder to myself, who needs a house that big? I wait on couples every night who live in those big houses. They eat out every night. Their kids are grown. They never use the fabulous kitchen. So what I am pondering is, how much is enough? How many cars and boats? Some people border on ridiculous. It's the small things in life that sustain me. I watch our economy in a crisis that I don't think we are going to be able to wiggle our way out of. The saddest part is that the people in charge of our destinies are "The Have's". They don't give a flying fig about me and my rent and basic needs. I have visions of them sipping martini's on their yachts, smiling and laughing as the wind blows through their hair. Me and my kind are the farthest thing from their minds as another bottle of vodka gets opened. The one thing I do have that money can't buy is peace of mind. Money can buy alot of things folks, but peace of mind is priceless and I wouldn't trade it for anything or any dollar amount in the world..Peace...

5 comments:

Lou said...

For me it is health! I see so much sickness..and money cannot buy health. That includes emotional, physical, and spiritual health.

Sometimes money can buy you time when you are sick. But is it quality, pain free time? Usually not.

Lori said...

Amen! It all seems to amount to quality of life. I rememeber when Kenny had esophogeal cancer and couldn't eat. No amount of money could have made him feel better. He had every narcotic known to man on his night table and it didn't interest him. He would have given a million dollars to eat some bacon and eggs. I commend all in the medical profession. Many times they are there when the families have given up. Kudos to you Lou and all who do what you do.

Lori said...

Amen! It all seems to amount to quality of life. I rememeber when Kenny had esophogeal cancer and couldn't eat. No amount of money could have made him feel better. He had every narcotic known to man on his night table and it didn't interest him. He would have given a million dollars to eat some bacon and eggs. I commend all in the medical profession. Many times they are there when the families have given up. Kudos to you Lou and all who do what you do.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Peace of mind and health are both priceless. You are a wise woman, Lori, and so is my friend, Lou.

I love you two chicks.

SB

Lori said...

SB- Aw shucks, thanks...so damn busy working don't have much time to post as I'd like. You my dear friend are a wise woman as well..God bless,