Nov 1, 2011

Serenity and just being happy





Lazy Tuesday morning. Damn does it feel good. I think I am finally learning how to value money. When you spend many years of your life where money doesn't matter, because all you do with it is burn it up and get more. Even though I always worked, I would wake up broke everyday. Now in my new life I have a checking account and a savings. I even cut coupons. I am saving for things that I want. I am sending J money here and there to help him stand on his own size 12 feet. He is learning that he can trust me and my word is good. That is the best feeling in the whole wide world. I can look my boy in the eye and he knows. I have gotten better. We can make jokes now about the stupid things that happened in the past. I learned I am not afraid to be alone. I am accountable for me and my actions. It's a great feeling. I pray it continues. Peace!

6 comments:

Lou said...

Andrew and I joke now about the past. You know it is really over when you can laugh about it, because there is nothing funny about it while it's going on.

Lori, I truly am so very happy for you. You have a good heart, and finally you can share you real self with the world. God created us to share ourselves..to connect with each other. And to help each other by doing so.

XOXOX

Lori said...

I think once you get over the shame, than the sharing becomes easier. To outsiders some of the things that Jay and I joke about other's might not find so amusing, but he and I get it and that is all that matters. I just hope that when a someone struggling with their demons can read about other's who have had similar struggles and made it to the other side. It gives another human being something called HOPE

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Lori,
I think I may finally be learning the REAL value of money, too. At 45, it's about damn time.

Love you. Thanks for your comments over at my blog. They are always appreciated.

SB

Lori said...

SB- Don't thank me for my comments dear, you brighten my day. You have a great eye for spotting bullshit, and you have phenomenal taste. Don't you wish we had understood the REAL value of money maybe 20 years ago, lol. Love you...

Sarcastic Bastard said...

HELL TO THE YES!

Lori said...

SB - My mantra was "If I was a rich girl". Now it is "Let me not overdraw"