Apr 10, 2008

Don't call me a boy named Sue



My mind is a little fogged this morning, so I can't remember if I posted this video before, but oh well, it is one of my favorite tunes. Number one, I adore Johnny Cash and I feel the same way about Alabama 3. They are the group that does the theme song for The Sopranos. My latest dilemma in life is money. I am in the midst of trying to get out of debt and it looks like I am going to have to get a second job. Oh joy!! Time to hunker down and grind. Not one of my favorite things to do, but it seems to be the only option. Until this new restaurant truly takes off, I am going to look for a day job. I am willing and able, because I know the payoff will be the ability to take a financial breather. I hate money. They say money doesn't cause happiness, maybe not spiritually, but try being happy when you are flat broke. Once the bills are paid there is really nothing left. My nicotine habit doesn't help, but it is one of my vices. I don't have too many vices left these days. I can't afford the illegal ones, so mine are actually cheap as my narcotic vice is actually a necessity for pain management. Can't afford back surgery, or the time off from work. So I opt for medication to mask the pain. I am terrified of getting my back cut open. My doctor used the words degenerative disk disease and sciatic nerve damage. Probably from all the 22 years of waitressing/barmaiding. Ironically I have my data entry/business certificate, but I always seem to make more money slinging food and liquor. Anyhow, that is where I am today. Trying to make some life choices that will ultimately improve the quality of my life. When you turn 41, I notice all of the sudden I am thinking about the later years of my life, retirement etc. Funny how far away all those things seem when you are in your twenties. They are now looming in fast and furious. Our economy sucks. It is heartbreaking that a $20 bill doesn't buy you anything except maybe 3 or 4 items nowadays. Wish me well in my economic search for improvement. Have a blessed day everyone...


Lori

No comments: