Apr 11, 2008

Kitchen nightmares etc...

Hello,

I have been perusing You Tube this morning, watching alot of different Gordon Ramsey clips. My husband and I have taken quite a liking to his shows, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares etc. The man is quite charismatic. Plus, I believe he has a genuine love of food and cooking. That comes from within and after working in restaurants the majority of my life, I always appreciate a great chef. Most are temperamental, have egos that are rather huge, but when you taste what they have prepared, all is forgiven. I love watching someone with skills cook. Speaking of restaurants, tonight is Friday night, and hopefully I will make some $$$$$. This seems to be the one night of the week that we have been consistently busy. So my fingers are crossed, cause we desperately need the cash influx. I work tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. I am off on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have a great schedule, we just don't have enough customers yet during the weeknights. I have been fighting off this huge black cloud of depression, mostly due to finances, and I am determined come hell or high water that this is going to be a great weekend. Plus, I get to hang out with my son in a work environment which I enjoy immensley. Today is payday, and I think it will be neat to see him get his first paycheck. He finsished building his computer and I am proud, (plus, a little jealous).. To quote J, "it is so sexy"...and he is right. I believe he is becoming a man, I see his character developing and I am starting to like what I see. Walking Man...walk for me today...have a wonderful and fabulous Friday...

1 comment:

the walking man said...

I can only walk for myself Lori, yet I can walk beside you in the center of yourself as all humans should. Do not get depressed yet again honey it ain't worth the effort just believe "Fuck it, God you take care of it, I got other things to do today."

You know it has been a very long time compared to the length of my life that I have followed the twists and turns that make up my path.

I have had many both good times and bad times and yet always things worked out. You tell me why.

I am nothing, just a spec of dust on a path through what at time is a scary forest, yet the less I feared the more I became, the less I hated the cleaner the world was for me,and finally for the first time, not that many years ago, I found that the path The One walked with me was simply the path to that peace which comes from strength.

Have confidence that your path will lead you to a good oasis, my friend, yes I relate strongly with everything you write here including a son who makes a "sexy computer"

Peace

mark