Sep 25, 2008

Take the money and run?




I pray that "our government" makes the correct choice and takes care of the American people. Do you want to stand in bread lines? Have to go pull what little money you have in banks out? Than have to purchase a firearm for your home to protect what small assets you have? One gentleman stated on the am. news that this is going to be just like the movies. The sequel is going to be worse than the original. The Depression. People might think they are depressed and need Prozac now, wait till they are flat broke and hungry.*The Prozac than becomes moot as they will not be able to pay for it*.. Some people can't live without some degree of monetary security. Kenny and I will probably fare ok, because we are used to stretching and scraping. There are certain people I know that will not be able to deal with a reduced financial quality of living. Hang the noose and kick the chair type folks. Shit, we have been fighters the whole damn time, and aren't quitters. Me and mine baby are going down with the damn ship. Fight til the end. I hope those corporate CEO fucks are held accountable for the men I saw walking out of their buildings with all their belongings in cardboard boxes. Disgusting, how much fucking money does one human being need. When do you step back and say " I have been very blessed, my family is prospering, yes I am a lucky one".. Isn't greed one of the 7 deadly sins? My family? We are thankful that there is some ground beef and chicken, milk, cold beverages and coffee and whatnot. I am the one who when you don't have food, I send over a bowl of mac and cheese and some hotdogs, not because we have it like that, but we don't mind eating one less of anything if it means that someone else will eat something. Times they are a changin'..not for the better in my little opinion. Please stay well and safe...

2 comments:

the walking man said...

When do you step back and say "I have been very blessed, my family is prospering, yes I am a lucky one"...Today.

It is actually a good time to not have huge savings accounts. One less thing to obsess over. Them that get to the bottom first will have the chance at the best places for their tents in the new "Hoovervilles"

Lori said...

As long as my family is laying their heads beside mine, that is what makes a home