Apr 16, 2009

Lost in a strange world...

A world of tubing's and gauze. Liquid food. Aspirating. Sleeping with one ear open. Noone prepares you for this. One day a bomb gets dropped on you and you simply must find your way in a new maze. I am told this world will be temporary. 6 more weeks and it shall end. The power of radiation. Sounds like amazing stuff. I shall soon be seeing blisters and lesions to prove it. To see the humbling of another human being who is dependent on you totally for their care is heartwrenching. I have conquered every demon in my life. This demon is scary because is doesn't come from within me. It is an invading life sucking force. Cancer is a motherfucker. Sorry, just seems like the only appropriate word.

4 comments:

the walking man said...

Look back over the last 40 odd years Lori and then compare that entire length of time to six weeks. Put the time in perspective then march through it one step after one step. No matter how much you wish to be at the end of this period, you still can't make it move faster.

You're strong enough, stronger than you ever have been...it will be OK, so hang in and take care of yourself too.

Lori said...

Thanks for always being supportive and sane, (the sanity is always questionable in life these days, lol). I am going to utilize all the resources available and see what I can come up with. American Cancer Society Etc...I am not in a position to quit my job, because this is temporary and real life has to go on and the dreams that have been shared can happen, as long as I work. I must confess to secretly smoking, but I am wearing the patch and have cut back to about 6 cigarettes a day. I have to do something to relieve stress. Hopefully as I wear the patches more and more, the smoking urges will be less and less. God Bless and thanks again.

the walking man said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of tobacco at this time...whatever gets YOU through the night babe.

Lori said...

After considering my options of getting thru the night, I,too, agree that there are many worse options than tobacco,lol.. Thanks