May 2, 2010

What goes up, must come down...

Well I am no longer a working girl. I am on medical leave with no pay. I just applied for SSD. My right arm is not healing, and i need surgery. I also have Hep C and it just became active again. Thankfully I have food stamps and got medical assistance. My problem now is my rent. I am going to social services bright and early in the morning to see if I can get cash assistance until my SSD kicks in. I am trying to take all this in with the best of spirits but is is hard. When your health starts to fail you, it is scary. Plus, I am a workaholic. I don't know what the hell to do except work. This is a very scary time. Baggy pants has twenty more days till he graduates. He has applied for his college loans for September. So at least he is on track. This time last year in Georgia I had three months worth of bill money in the bank. Not anymore. I am scared, but I will fight. Maybe now I can work on the novel I have been trying to get published. My main goal is to get my rent paid. Getting the health insurance was huge. I have no co-pays and my prescriptions are only $1. I can budget well with the food benefits. It is humbling, but I have worked since I was 14 so maybe it is my time to get myself healthy, and use some of the damn tax money I have paid all these years. It feels so good to start writing again. This is the one thing in my life that truly brings me joy. I guess this is just another twist in the journey of my life. That is the attitude I must keep. Thank all of you so much for caring and loving me through my journey. It makes a huge difference in my life. I love and care for each and everyone of you. Be blessed.

6 comments:

Kathy M. said...

Good luck with your writing. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs.

Gledwood said...

Is SSD when you get govt. sick money?

Good luck with the forms: if they're anything like over here they practically make you justify why you were BORN, let alone daring to claim money off the state!

the walking man said...

When they forced me off my job 10 years ago it came with a 50% reduction in income, then 6 years ago when they forced me into retirement it came with another 25% reduction in income...You will find your way Lori. I know that much because you have found your way through much worse than this set back.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Sorry to hear of this setback, Lori, but the main thing is to get yourself healed and well.

You are in my thoughts and you are loved.

SB

Lori said...

To all- thank you so much for all your love and support.. It means the world to me. Yes, there is tons of paperwork, but it must be done. The good news is that it is getting easier for me to type so I can at least resume blogging at my normal rate. Can't take all my fun away! Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Heavy duty. Hope things work out better, it sounds like a rough ride!