Jun 30, 2010

Feels so good to want to write again...

Yup, it sure does. Had quite a bit of family drama in the last month, to the point where it literally sucked the life out of me. I was just like that hamster in the shiny wheel, running fervently but accomplishing nada. Than I woke up a few mornings ago and simply let go off all problems that don't personally affect me or my son. Baggy Pants got his high school diploma this week. Thank God!!!! I cried. He was so nonchalant about it. He came home like he always does, and knocked on my door. He comes in my room and says, "Here ma, I thought you might like this". He than hands me his diploma. That was quite a moment folks. My boy is 20 and has been taking college and high school classes. That was two days ago. My spirits have been lifted tremendously. This last year has been one long strange trip for us, but we have come out on the other side. Just like he didn't give up on his diploma, I can't give up either. So it's on to fight the good fight. Feels wonderful to sit here and be able to write again....

3 comments:

Kathy M. said...

Congratulations... on his successes, and yours. Hugs.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Glad to hear from you. Figured it was family stuff tying you up and that you'd write when you could.

That's great about your son.

You have been in my thoughts.

Love,

SB

Lori said...

Kathy- Thanks a bunch. I am so proud of my boy wonder. Hugs back at ya!!


SB- It usually is family crap. This is embarrassing, but I shall quote Eminem- "I'm cleaning out my closet" Feels pretty good too...love you too mama!