Sep 19, 2011

R.I.P TRACEY SPENCER RICKELS



Rick passed away Sunday night in the ER. I left early for work and we were concerned that he had lost about 10lbs since coming home from the hospital. When I walked out the door the last words he said to me were, "If you bring me a hot roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy, I promise I'll eat". His skin pallor was looking grey. I got a text at 730pm that he had just been taken out of the house by ambulance. Rick had signed a DNR. They put him on life support. A clot had broken loose in his brain. Tina honored his wishes. He died 20 minutes after they unplugged him. Two brothers in two years. I posted the wedding picture so you guys can see Rick and his wife Tina. The circle of life. They were there for me in Georgia and now I am here for Tina and my nephew. The biggest surprise of all was that Jesse who hasn't been here yet, showed up at my front door a half hour after Rick died. That meant the world to me. He is a young man with character. I am proud. He comforted his Aunt and we spent some time together and than he went home. I took off yesterday to help Tina deal with all the phone calls etc. Another irony....the next morning Tina woke up and found a dime in the middle of the floor. That is a family sign I learned when Kenny passed. Rick was 49. He died clean and sober just like his brother. Time to start healing....Treasure each moment, everyday. They are precious. Peace.

7 comments:

Lou said...

I'm so sorry Lori. You have had some sad and bad luck in the past years. I'm glad you are there for his wife. And that Jesse came. Family should be there for each other..

the walking man said...

Be Well and do what needs be done to grieve with the grief.

Lori said...

Lou- Honey I don't know if it's luck or what to call it. Tina and Rick were there for me when Kenny died. -Here I am doing for Tina what she did for me.
BTW-J got a job at Bob Davidson car dealership. He has a decent pay and benefits. He also has a place to stay. What didn't kill us made my son a very strong young man with fabulous character.

WM- Amen, that is all I know how to do. 49 is so young. Trust me,he got a lot of living done in those years. The two brothers are together now. They were a great example of "I am my brother's keeper"

goatman said...

I was away at a wedding -- circle of life.
Seems those DNRs are hard to enforce sometimes. I have one, as does my girl.
Stay strong

John Doe said...

Sorry for your loss Lori.I agree with you about treasuring each moment.

Anonymous said...

He might have technically died clean, but you know he was headed right back to where he always ended up. And he has brought countless pain to most everyone he came in contact with. Junkie scumm at its finest. Good riddance to garbage.

Lori said...

Anon- I usually don't post anonymous comments. It makes me sad to think that you can consider another human being garbage. Every single person on this planet has faults. I have yet to meet one human being who is perfect. I believe that God loves all his children and that love is unconditional. I would love to read your blog to see what your views and opinions are like. I have never said good riddance to garbage in reference to anyone's death. I wish you peace because you honestly need to find some.