Apr 20, 2012

A room with a view....


I am no longer a basement dwelling bitch...that's right people...I have a bedroom with, count 'em, 3!!!! windows...Maybe my depression stems from years of living in dark, dreary spaces with no sunlight? The family dog is now my new BFF,  She would never go down the stairs at the old house, she was scared of the basement.. (So was I) Now her favorite thing to do is sit in my bed and look out my window.  Harley, family dog, also now has been sleeping in my BRAND NEW BED. much to the dismay of sis-in-law.  Did I mention I have a BRAND NEW BED?  After one year of sleeping on a cot topped with body pillows to make a mattress, the Fed-Ex truck pulled up and delivered above mentioned bed. I have pretty curtains. Lilac and white gauzy things.  I may never leave this room again. I'm in heaven.  You rent two basements over  the last few years with no windows, curtains are a huge deal.  Tina told me she is hurt because the dog is now sleeping with me instead of her.  I told her the thrill will wear off soon.  The family dog is a bed slut. I love this funny looking mutt!

In other news the upstairs is unpacked. Downstairs? Sigh, I don't want to leave my windows and curtains to unpack. I shall have to be a team player however and knock the rest of this unpacking stuff out.  I am lazy.  Rather than unpack the box I opened it and grabbed a frying pan and a spatula. I rode to the new house with my coffee maker on my lap.  A coffee maker, new bed and pretty curtains....what more do I need?  Peace!!!!


9 comments:

the walking man said...

To go from the basement to great heights is a wonderful thing...but I still am not your bitch...yet. ha hahah

The packing will be there when you are done luxuriating in the view Kiddo.

Lori said...

WM- Lol, I was referring to myself as the basement bitch, but I call the dog a slut so go figure. I keep telling myself the packing will not be going anywhere, so like everything else, one day at a time..Be well my friend...love from PA...

Lou said...

I was just thinking how much BETTER we all are...

ain't it a beautiful thing!

Annette said...

We have a basement room at our house too and when all kids were living at home, we used it for a bedroom. Everyone that ever had that room as a bedroom got depressed, said it was creepy, a weird space because it was pitch black without lights on. No windows. We had now made a rule that no one live down there anymore. We use it as a TV/Workout room now.

I am SO HAPPY for you! Your window looks so cheerful. There is nothing like having a sweet dog companion too.

goatman said...

"I'm high alright -- but not on false drugs, I'm high on the real things: a clean windshield, a shoeshine, and a tank of gas."

from Firesign Theatre (Don't Crush that Dwarf, Hand me the Pliers) I think.
Sorry . . . couldn't help it.
Happy day

bugerlugs63 said...

Sounds wonderful and I expect when you feel the sun streaming in or even watching it snow (not sure what your climate is?) it will lift your mood.
I lived from a suitcase for about a year once. Less is more. In most cases ;-)
Enjoy your coffee and curtain framed windows.

Syd said...

The new digs are nice. Hope that you enjoy the rooms with a view.

Lori said...

Syd- I am loving it. I swear that being in a dark basement causes depression after awhile. My spirits have lifted. Sometimes a great change as simple as pretty windows works way better than Paxil, lol. Stay blessed!

Lori said...

Lou- It sure is my dear friend. We should both savor it like a great wine. I hope the roll upward continues.

Annette- After renting two basements I agree. Lack of sunlight causes depression and just makes you feel like crap. The dog is what really makes me happy! Have a blessed one.

Goatman- Love it! You have a happy day as well. Peace!

Bugerlug63- It feels wonderful to finally start putting down roots. I have done the motel/suitcase thing many a time. It's a place to stay, but it doesn't feel like HOME. It took me to many years to figure this out, but better late than never. Be well and blessed. Hugs!