Jan 12, 2008

Time to sling some hash...

Well I am up bright and early, trying to get motivated to get to work at 7am. Just took my methadone and Xanax and trying to get mentally "there" to be nice for 8 hours and wait on the lovely folks from Dundalk. I do enjoy quite a few of my customers, it's just the usual bullshit. Yes, I am exceptionally cranky lately and I am trying to fight it. I got sent home last Sunday because the lady who runs the shifts on the weekends said I looked "overmedicated"...which in all honesty I think I was more tired than anything, but I should have known you can't take alot of methadone and Xanax when you only have had two hours sleep. I could feel my eyes rolling upwards into the back of my head a few times, it's weird, if we are busy it doesn't affect me at all. But if we are slow, than it's a whole different ballgame. That's why I always try to stay moving. Plus I cut my dose down this week just to be safe. I am the newest one there, and I only have 2-3 shifts a week. We really can't afford for me to miss those shifts as that is our extra pocket money through the week. So I am sucking it up and lowering my dose. I really do prefer dealing with the public nice and medicated, as I have found most people in the restaurant business do. Pick your poison...I have worked in restaurants for almost 20 years and every one of them has quite a few employees who have some form of addiction or another. I remember years ago, I was the best waitress on the floor, yet no one knew I was in the bathroom shooting up between tables. Speedball queen.....alas no more...just take my meds like a good addict and go about my business. At least pills don't leave track marks, right?

No comments: