Apr 13, 2008

Get the cool shoeshine.....



Yeah, I like The Gorillaz.....The world is spinning too fast, I agree...Work was alright last night. My nice generous family came in last night, thank God. Two tables, sales of $245.00..not bad..not great.. I'm a competitive beast on the floor...I am used to sales of $800 plus a night. It is going to happen if I have to go knock on everyone's door and drag them to this place. Everyone who is coming in is a repeat customer. I used to work with this one waiter at a restaurant that shall remain nameless, we used to have sales contests, privately, he and I. One night we worked a double together and he beat me by ONE PENNY!!!.. I cried...seriously... I sold 1012.41 he sold 1012.42. I still refer to that as Black Saturday....To me being a server is one of the best jobs in the world. You come in and I treat you well, make sure you enjoy your meal and have a fabulous time, and you pay me. Sort of being a food prostitute. with no STD'S...I am glad I am an optimist. Sort of like The Field of Dreams...you build it and they will come. Just wish it was that easy...Enjoy your Sunday, make the most of the day....

Lori

2 comments:

the walking man said...

Lori
Serving food sounds like cold selling dictionaries door to door, a job I once did many many moons ago. The day I outsold the crew chief I quit and went on with the rest of my life.

No shame in losing by a penny but if possible I would have bought, and served myself a drink on the sly. : P

Onward and upward my friend, onward and upward.

Peace

mark

Lori said...

cold selling dictionaries door to door

Great analogy...believe it or not I tried that when I was 17 I think...Quit after two days.. Those books were HEAVY..

Still forward marching,...Lori