Jun 27, 2008

Just take those old records off the shelf




I was going thru my downloads and just realized I have quite the music collection. Very diverse and eclectic...Frank Sinatra, Elvis Costello, Johnny Cash, REM, the list goes on and on. Which made me think about my younger days when I had stacks, and stacks of 45's. My son has no clue what a 45 is. One of my favorite pleasures as a child was to save up my little bit of money and get the new 45 or album that currently rocked my world. God, I wish I had saved them. I had EVERY Beatles and Stones album. Now I am 41 and just click on Limewire, and there it is. Very immediate and gratifying, but somehow not the same as going to your neighborhood joint and spending your afternoon looking at all the choices...How many of you remember using your albums to clean your weed? Makes a girl sorta wistful for her younger days I guess. My son would never get it...he is all about Ipods, MP3 players etc... he is very computer proficient, to the point it amazes me. He has surpassed me. Isn't that every parents dream? I just wish he would know what it means to turn the album over..Sigh...Ok, I need to shake off this nostalgic feeling. I just have seen so much technology in my own lifetime, I can't fathom what my own child will see in his coming years. I just pray that it is good...


Lori

2 comments:

the walking man said...

Bob Seegar...home town boy almost made good. Saw him play the HS dances while on his way up. Never owned an album of his that I remember.

Lori, I have lost as many CD's as I have vinyl...guess the music I have now is good enough.

Remember it's not the technology but the use it's put too eh?

Lori said...

Amen my brother...and btw...I love Bob Seger......