Jul 26, 2008

Crawling on the floor to you...

I was perusing some blogs and found myself reading quite a few "stripper blogs"...I found most of them to be rather intelligent and financially secure women. They bring up the point how tired they are of hearing how they are degraded for their body. They just look at their bodies as a marketable asset. I think it comes down to choice. If you are self-employed what do you want to sell? Most of us have a perception of strippers as drugged out abused women. I have found that not to be true in all cases. Drugged out and abused women exist in all forms of life. Not just the stripper world. Many of the strippers write in their blogs that they feel they are the ones who get over, as they are the ones leaving with pockets full of money and the men leave broke. Who is right? Or is their a right answer? The great thing about living in the good old USA is that you can do pretty much you want for a living, (as long as you pay Uncle Sam) the freedom of choice. So if you choose to shimmy on a pole and walk out of a club with $500 or so, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Isn't everything we do in life a form of a hustle? To me serving food is a hustle, I am nice to you, bring you your meal, and you pay me. Immediate gratification and the anticipation of not knowing what the final tally for the night will be. These days I think everyone is a hustler of some type or another. Whether you hustle your words, your wares, or your body, in the end we are all just trying to make it to the next day.

1 comment:

the walking man said...

*Shrug* if that's how a woman wants to make her stash of cash...she isn't holding a gun to anyones head to support her choice.