Jul 22, 2008

Missing Florida Girl?





Sorry I haven't been writing that much, alot on my plate these days. The story in Florida really has captured my attention. It is about the missing 2 year old girl, who's mother is being jailed right now for obstruction of justice. The little girl is adorable. From what I have read, I believe the mother knows who has the child. I just wonder if keeping her jailed is helping. I think her mother and her attorney both believe if they could just sit down and talk with her, they will have a better chance of locating the missing girl. The grandmother did what she thought was right and called authorities, which promptly jailed her daughter. I do think it is odd that the mother didn't report the child missing for 5 weeks. My gut feeling says she is afraid of something or someone. My husband believes she is protecting a person or maybe her child. The mother is only 22. I would like to know what you think. What is the correct way to handle this situation? Should the mother be jailed? Do you think the child is still alive? Feedback would be appreciated...I hate missing children stories and this one just really struck a chord with me.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Just curious, what year did that incident in Baltimore happen?

Anonymous said...

Does it not seem to you that the grandmother might also be involved in some way? Her daughter and granddaughter LIVED WITH HER: so how is it that she was oblivious to the fact that the little girl was missing for a month? And where is the father? What type of insane culture do we live in that there is no mention of a father's responsibility in the life of a child?

the walking man said...

The AP is reporting that it is believed the father is dead and that the authority's believe the child is also dead due to "hits" a cadaver dog made.

That said...The mother may also be in fear for her life from an unnamed person. Should she be jailed? Hard to say, is she a flight risk? But at 22 I doubt that all the brain cells are working properly, she obviously is more afraid of something, more than she is of jail. Pookie is right we may never know the truth of this.

Wanda J said...

Hi Lori, I don't know how I missed your comment, but I was cleaning out my mailbox and found it. Here's a link to a news report about the story I was talking about: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0DE1DA1639F931A35752C1A963958260
It was 1990 when they put her in jail for not telling where her son was. Rumors have always circulated that she sold him, because of how well taken care of she was while she was in jail. Who knows though; unless she one day decides to tell, no one ever will.