Jul 28, 2008

Loving you





Living in the moment. I look at my other half. His salt and pepper (mostly salt) hair, his belly hanging over his pants, his laughter at a stupid game show. I love this man. 18+ years now. Sometimes I just gaze and think about how much time has passed, and how the hell did we make it this long. I believe that after spending so much time with another person your spirits become entwined. He knows when I am not happy just by a look on my face. I gave up trying to lie to him years ago, he reads me all too well. Damn...The daily hustle and bustle can sometimes be overwhelming and we forget to tell each other just how important we are to one another. I need to check myself, and make a point of letting him know, that thru all the daily bullshit, he is till the man, my man, and that I wouldn't trade him for another human on this planet. Sometimes you need to hear it, words can be comforting. How many of us have been in long term relationships, and start taking one another for granted, unintentionally? It just seems to happen. People need to know they are loved. So my post today is about telling someone important to you that, yes indeed, I love you and you are my world. Actions do speak louder than words, but words are nice also...Have a blessed day...

1 comment:

the walking man said...

Speaking words are actions. It is when we do not speak that inaction is misinterpreted.