Aug 22, 2008

My little rant

Do you believe people have the ability to change once they are over 40? Or are you of the opinion that a leopard never changes it's spots? I deal with a partner who has serious mental health issues. Everyday becomes a surprise as I never know what drama I am going to wake up dealing with. So many drug cocktails, each with the promise that this is going to be the ONE. The good days are not even fun anymore as I am still dealing with previous hurts from the day before. It is tiring always being the strong one. I like consistency in my life. Kenny does his best to stay to himself on his bad days. I give him credit. He knows when he isn't "right"..It is just wearing thin on my nerves. I am only human, ya know? Just makes me feel better to write it down.

4 comments:

Minnesotablue said...

First and foremost you need to take care of YOURSELF!

the walking man said...

Lori, what good is being the strong one if your strength fades in the face of yesterday's pain?

I'm not sure what approach you should take but viewing the situation differently may be a start. Try not looking at K like he has good days and bad days but in the overall, he is what he is and you accept it. As long as he doesn't get physically abusive during the negative side of his character always remember it will pass.

Yes one can change over 40, it is a necessary component to being a whole human.

Lori said...

You are very right MB, I am a firm believer in love of self..sometimes it just ain't easy....

Lori said...

The Man that Walks (and writes)

Very well put, as usual..hope you are healing up nicely my good friend..