Sep 16, 2008

What is going on in this country?




I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to politics and Wall Street. I do watch the news every morning however and I am pretty representative of the average Joe/Josephine. Our stock market is plummeting, people in Texas might have to wait another week for a hot meal, and all the other highlights of this mornings news. It is pretty freaking depressing. Than their is the silly news. The mom who impersonated her 15 year old daughter to join the high school cheer-leading team. What was she thinking? Is it me? I just want to live my simple, rather mundane life with peace and harmony. I want to know that my child will grow up and be able to have Social Security when he is done his working life. There are no guarantees in our lives, but I guess as Americans we have always assumed (we all know what that word means), that there would be certain givens. Retirement, SSI, some form of health care, keeping the home you worked your whole life to pay for. That our politicians will fight to keep these givens for us. I am losing faith. Maybe I should just stop watching the damn news....(never)

1 comment:

the walking man said...

Sorry Lori haven't had much time recently to catch up.

WTF is going on in this country? The days of the supersize are over, the economy was stretched like a taught rubber band and now is contracting to a more manageable level. You ask the only relevant question...what will be left when the tension is all bled off? Who is going to be owed what?

Damned if I know, but nothing is worth losing faith over. Faith will carry you through like it always has.