Sep 14, 2008

Rainy Day Blues, (& it's not even raining)




Got a case of the blahs and the blues....yearning for I don't know what...just have that restless, unsatisfied ache. Sometimes I secretly wish I could just grab a passport and go. Alas, responsibilities and family are binding ties and that would be selfish..Just would like to wake up and gaze out of my window and get a brand new view. The world is so vast. I sometimes think Americans are rather limited in that they think nothing else outside of the USA is worthy or interesting. I know a few people who have never ventured outside of 7 blocks of their home. Have no desire to either. I know, I know, be thankful for my blessings, things could be much worse and blah blah blah...but that thirst for adventure, the unknown, something wicked and wild, is hard to quench.

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' round the bend
And I ain't seen the sun shine since I don't know when...

Guess I'll take my Xanax and listen to The Man in Black...that always brightens my day...

2 comments:

Wanda J said...

*sigh* I know what you mean Lori, I've got them blahs and blues too; fortunately (unfortunately?) I know what mine come from. The Dragon's back. (For those who don't know, , 'Dragon' is a euphemism for HepC.) I am going to post about it one day soon; I have to because I think the tone of my blog will be changing soon. I don't know how much energy I'm going to have for fighting other people's battles when I'm fighting such a big one of my own. (On top of all the others.) Today is a blah day though because I'm still trying to adjust to the idea, I haven't gone to the liver doc (hepatologist) to find out the specifics yet, I'm still struggling with school (taking my final math exam today and failing miserably) and bills are weighing me down. I'll almost be glad when tomorrow gets here and I have to go to work; give me something to concentrate on other than all this mess....

Lori said...

The daily struggle...I feel your pain..Believe me...Sorry to hear about the Dragon. My dragon has been quiet for a few moons now. I know about the fatigue, the depression..I found out in '98 I think. Terrible black cloud until I started doing alot of research. We are survivors..Your own personal battles must come first..Where else will you get any strength to fight others that come your way. Nutrition and preventative medicine, and just good clean living really do help. I am going t shoot you an email, so I can go in more depth. Good luck with the damn math...I am rooting for you. The bills, ugh, we are on the same page there mama...I don't even want to open my mail...Gonna do some housework and than send out your mail..

Much love...