Feb 11, 2009

Winning battles vs winning the war

I now know why there isn't world peace. We are supposed to be a global group of intelligent, educated people. There is no reason we all can't come to a table and come up with resolutions. Than it hit me. I have an 18 year old that is intelligent and educated. He and I sit down at a table and wind up in a losing propostition. He hold his ground, won't concede. I beg, barter and plead. I offer reasonable solutions. Granted he doesn't have the maturity and wisdom of certain world leaders. So the battle goes on. I wonder if the same kinds of conversations happen on a global scale? Peace begins at home, and many of us can't manage to attain that. If we can't have mature conflict resolution in our homes how can we have them outside of our homes? I do thank God that the people we vote for and place our confidence in are not 18. They are physical men, but many still have the maturity of 15 year olds. At 18 you fail to see the big picuture. Winning the war. The small battles are what they are worried about. I have no room to talk. I didn't "get it" til my late 30's-early 40's. It took many trials and tribulations to get to where I am today. I sincerely hope that the powers that be have more maturity and wisdom than my brilliant 18 year old.

No comments: