Jul 11, 2011

Rainy Monday Night





Rainy Monday nights must be perfect for spouting out words on the laptop. Just took a nice hot shower, lotioned down with Bath and Body works..mmmmm...feeling fresh. Throw my night meds in the mix and here I sit, bored as sweaty balls. Lately I am relishing this new solitude after the insanity of the last year. I am learning that the excitement of rolling with "The Man" isn't all the it was cracked up to be, ha ( that was not supposed to be a pun ) Plus this man had a serious case of OCD so it is nice to go to bed without watching him count his money 30 times and tap the top of the safe 9 times. Not 10 but 9. I have learned that it is ok to walk around with $50 in my pocket. I wasn't any happier when I had $1000 if I am honest. I did purchase a rather dandy safe. My doctor is now making everyone sign papers that basically say even if you have a police report there is nothing he can do if your meds get stolen, lost or the cat ate them. Too many people screw up the system for those of us who do the right thing with our meds. I have been seeing the same doctor for about 6 years and if wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to work at all. (Or my back would be cut open and who the heck is going to take care of me than?) This man actually listens when you go in for your visit. Strange, right? He doesn't write medicine that you can't afford to fill. Many doctors could take a few notes. Now that the pain is under control I am actually back to work and productive. The new job is going well. Already got called in to work tomorrow night, so that is a good sign. Nice and slow is my new motto and I like it. Time to curl up with a good book. Been reading some excellent poetry and prose courtesy of my friend and fellow blogger The Walking Man. Check him out and his newly published writing. Great stuff! Peace...

2 comments:

the walking man said...

Hope the rest was well taken Kiddo. I might trey that shower thing one of these days.

Lori said...

WM- The shower thing begins with sticking that first toe under the spray. Don't be a bloody sissy! Who knows, you might even break down and try that stuff called soap one day, lol....