Aug 27, 2011

Putt Putt Golf and Motels

I won't be writing til Monday. My friend is picking me up today and we are going "away"..Down the street from my work so I can still go in for a few hours, but hey, The Budget Inn with it's Putt Putt Golf Course beats a blank. It is pouring down rain right now and he isn't the world's greatest driver. I worry constantly about his driving. I keep telling him that when people are driving past him honking they are not telling him he is number one. They are saying "Fuck you, drive the speed limit". I installed Mapquest on my phone specifically for him. He doesn't know how to use it, but I can navigate our routes and I hold the phone up to his ear. To much screaming and blaming is involved when you get lost. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Enjoy your families, treasure your loved ones. We only go around once on this planet. Peace.

2 comments:

Lou said...

You are writing like crazy, grrl!

I'm glad you got a friend. The older I get, the less I want to be alone. It's good to be accepted by another human being, even if they can't drive worth a shit;)

Lori said...

The irony is, he believes that it is everyone else, lol. On a serious note, his late wife was killed in the car that he was driving. They were married 24 years. I am sure there is alot of guilt there. Hence, I am kind when it comes to keeping my comments about his driving to myself. As much as I enjoy solitude, I am scared of growing old alone. I call nursing homes jail for our elderly. Be well my dear. Going to bed.