May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I haven't been writing simplyh because I have been busy. The best day of the week was Sunday.  J called at 11pm. Saturday night and asked me to leave the door unlocked.  I said, "Why".  He wanted to wake up with me on Mother's Day.  My heart got all mushy.  We wake up Sunday morning and in his usual fashion he makes an announcement for me and his Aunt Tina to come downstairs.  He got her and I both a card and a huge basket of what he calls "girly, women kinda stuff".  He didn't know that the row of purple balls were bath beads, lol.  Yes, Hallmark makes a card for Aunt's on Mother's Day.  Why am I not surprised?  I am not even going to begin my ranting about Hallmark.  It is always the words my kids write in their horrible pensmanship that mean the most to me.  It turned out to be a very pleasant, relaxing day.

  I wish my mother and I had a better relationship but for the time being we are estranged.  There is so much pain there between the both of us that it is easier sometimes to stay away.  I decided I will call her tomorrow and reach out to make peace.  I guess because I am getting older and so is she.  Noone is a perfect parent, I can testify to that one.  I think we just all do our best and muddle through.  I would be hurt if my boys didn't forgive me, so I think I owe that much to her.  I have learned many good lessons in life.  Mostly from my kids.  Happy Mother's Day! 

2 comments:

the walking man said...

I hope the call to your mom went OK kiddo. I am so glad that it was my father i was estranged from for the last thirty years of his life and not my mother. She was my hero.

Lori said...

WM- I am getting ready to make the call at 11am. so I am hoping that it does go well. My dad was my hero, ever since I was a little girl, until the day he died. I do think there is a bond between mothers and sons that is quite unique and very special.