Jul 15, 2012

Weekend Wind Down

The highlight of my week I do believe was going to the movies with Jay, Reuben and myself.  Jay had been bugging me to go see this movie for two weeks.  We got to the movies on Friday at 9pm. and we got the last 3 tickets for the 9:45pm. showing.  It stars Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis and the bear named Ted.  Seth McFarlane I believed directed this.  The voice of Ted the bear sure sounded alot like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.  The last three movies I have been too have all been ones my son dragged me too.  This was ok and I didn't mind admiring Mark Wahlberg's sexiness throughout the movie.  People walked out and I got the general sense that it wasn't what they expected.  Oh well, I'll take any family time.

I love the feeling of driving again.  Especially with the dog.  I can't believe how I put that on the bottom of my list because I had fucked up priorities.  Every time you accomplish something that is tangible, that is how I know I have moved forward.  Someone asked me if I had a do-over button would I use it.  I really don't know.  What happened years ago has made me the person that I am today.  I wish I could erase the hurt that I inflicted on people.  Everyone feels that if they choose to self-destruct, that should be their own choice. I used to have that same philosophy.  However there are many people that you affect with that behavior. So as I matured I learned it went beyone self. 

Next goal is to get a decent, self-supporting job.  I don't like being financially dependent on a man.  My friend has been there for almost 2 years now.  Thru the good, bad and fugly.  How he had no clue when I would dip off that I wasn't right, I don't know.  I'm glad I didn't spread my pain to him.  No human being needs to experience that as we will suck the life right out of you. I am waiting for him to wake up so we can do our Sunday breakfast.  I genuinely enjoy that and so does he.

We are experiencing a brief respite from the horrid heat-wave.  I hope everyone else is as well.  Hug your loved ones and enjoy the day.  Most of all, don't worry about Monday!  Peace!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Ted! I laughed so hard. Family time is what is important. I'm pretty happy doing anything as long as it is with someone I love. Glad the driving is going so well and I wish you luck finding a job!

Annette said...

Good for you for putting "family time" above what movie you went to see. You said a lot of good things in this post. The thing I would want my daughter to know is that forgiveness is available. Its already working in action. There is no account for past wrong doings that needs to be paid off. Just get well! I pray for that everyday. Thank you for being here and showing me that it can be done. Bless your heart Lori...driving around, looking for work....a lot of hard work there!

Lori said...

Anonymous- I am a huge fan of Seth McFarlane's work. Mila Kunis is amazingly hot. Family time is the best. I can grab a waitress job at any time, but I have actual business certificates that I earned and I would like to use them. Thanks!

Annette- That's great that you are standing behind your daughter. It is so important to know that one person on the planet that will love you unconditionally, especially in her situation. Tough love can be used hand in hand with true, deep parental love. I am a "the glass is half full" type. That attitude has served me well. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Be well!

goatman said...

My girl and I have not been to a formal theater since "Titanic" because of all the distractions from folks in the audience, and I suppose now it would be cell phone madness -- although I am just speculating here. But, no matter, what counts is the time with those you love and that memory together.
Keep on keepin on . . .

luluberoo said...

Lori, I hope you are having fun tooling around in the car!

Lori said...

Goatman- I actually just started going out to the theatres again. My son will call me and he has pretty decent taste (most of the time) Boy have the movies changed. Most of the places now have seats that let you feel the special effects. I call them rumble seats, lol. Also, you can't get phone reception inside the actual theatre. So I am starting to enjoy going out again. Try it!

luluberoo- Oh you just don't know. :) This is the truest sense of freedom I have felt in soooo long. Love you...

goatman said...

Years ago now there was a proposal to wisp into the theater smells appropriate to the happenings on the screen. To go with your rumble seats and create the whole experience.
Also, during a fight scene, a fellow could come out and slap you to make it even more real! No thanks . .