May 30, 2008




I saw this pic/quote and I dig it. I feel like I am always spending my time in the perpetual search for being "happy"..Well, I am now learning to find my happiness within and right around me. This month I have lowered my meds to a point where I am walking the line and am getting more and more clear-headed. Too many years spent medicating my feelings. My husband has successfully eliminated most of his meds except for the necessary ones. We have talked and set a goal to pack up and move to PA as soon as we find the right place for us. However many more years God has planned for us, I want to enjoy them, no more contention, bullshit or stress. To quote, ahem, Eminem, I am cleaning out my closet. From being in the service industry for so many years, I am a great fan of people-watching. I now have a great appreciation for the seniors. So much life experience, pain and happiness, etched unto their faces. Sunshine and rain, joy and pain....I now know what people meant when they told me at 23 that I was "just a baby"...how wise I thought I was. Wrong!!! For all the people that read my babble, and comment, especially the man that walks....the support is wonderful and personally gives me much needed strength. As Gloria Gaynor has said, "I will survive"...(sorry I am not quoting any deep, scholarly type folks) The restaurant is failing and it is making me sad. Again, my boss is 25, and has no support from the owners...all the more motivation to make our move. I have done some research and there are plenty of restaurants, nice, family type places in the areas we are looking at. So I have no guilt about moving on...Guilt is something else I am working at eliminating from my life. Guilt weighs a ton, and I am tired of carrying it on my back....Have a wonderful weekend fellow bloggers...


Lori

2 comments:

the walking man said...

http://www.hud.gov/homes/homesforsale.cfm


Lori,
Just for grins I have been looking at HUD houses. The above addy is the main one, and from it you click..HUD HOUSES BY STATE.

I haven't looked at PA yet but there are plenty of houses out there and some of them are rentals if that is what it takes.

You have to read up on how and what you're buying, especially the escrow stuff (Money beyond the mortgage that you have to set aside to repair problems found in the house during the inspection.)HUD also has a 404 (k) loan program.

The drug free thing is amazing when you finally detox, even in pain your more level and clear headed. I save about $45 a month.

By the by, quotes from the scholarly are mostly un-understandable. ha ha ha ha

I have no doubt we will survive.

Peace

Lori said...

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. We have an appointment on Tuesday to check out a place in GlenRock Pa, at a historical building actually. It's an old mill with a place for rent. And there is a restaurant there. Have to check it out...starting to make actual steps in doing the damn thing....


Lori