May 31, 2008

These times of ours...

Saturday mornings..coffee and movies..Hot breakfast. Serenity. Hiding from the world on the couch or behind this monitor. Flowers are blooming, and my dog is growing. Back to work tonight. At the point now where I don't even care what I make. Money doesn't really make me happy. Whatever I make, is already spent...How can someone sell a gallon of milk for $4.79? And yet I am supposed to have mental health issues...please...If any of you have a chance please watch the documentary The Zeitgeist...I have mentioned it before, just type it in your search engine and the link will pop up. It speaks about everything that is happening today, the economy, our planet etc...One nation under God? I can't tell...people don't seem very civilized these days. "Gotta get mine" seems to be the mainstream mentality. Maybe I am just an aging flower child...even tho I am technically too young...my heart and spirit is still living 25 years ago...when people still pulled over to help a stranded motorist, when people didn't ignore a crime in progress- cause they are "too busy"...When I was 14 we used to hitchhike..safely...nowadays I am uneasy walking to get a pack of smokes at night. The ignorance of youth? Maybe, but I do remember a certain something in the air back then. People would pick you up, offer you a ride, a puff off of a doobie, take you to your destination and wish you well. I no longer have that confidence. I feel that I am the same person, but that this "new world" that we are living in, simply isn't for me...


Lori

2 comments:

the walking man said...

It is necessary to be in the world darlin'. It is not necessary to partake of everything this place has to offer, which right now is as you say.

Do you need to ALWAYS commune with strangers? Common sense tells you no, and that is a good thing. It is when your heart tells you to offer a kindness and you don't do it, that the same heart will convict you.

Shrug, it is not the destination Lori, but rather the journey. Stick your metaphorical thumb out and ride.

Peace

Wanda J said...

Lori, did you see the video that was all over the news, where the man got hit by a hit and run driver and all those people just stood around watching? Cars drove by, people walked over and looked, a guy on a scooter rode so close to him he could have dropped his kickstand on him, but no one did a thing; and in the clip I was watching online, the anchor person said "but there were 3 calls to 911" like that made a difference!

Walking man, that's what happens when you live in a world where people think it's okay to not commune with strangers....of course, IJMO, YMMV.