May 28, 2008



Just a little warped humor this afternoon. Time to go back to work today. I have a job interview at 3:30 before I go in, at a busy diner. I need to generate some serious cash. I am starting to lose faith in my 25 year old general manager. AS nice and as honorable as he is, I don't think he is "seasoned" enough, maturity wise, to have a restaurant/bar thrown in his lap, The owners have no experience running a restaurant, they think they can just come by once a week and collect their money. Wrong!!! It's a damn shame, cause I really like working there, but if this job pans out I am going with it. My girlfriend worked their and said she made at least $100-$150 a day, and that a bad day was $60...I can live with that. I am tired of getting dressed up everyday to go to work and not doing anything, and not making any money. My short-term goal is to save every penny I make and to get us a little place in the country. The cost of living in PA,from what we have researched,is a little bit lower than Baltimore. Which means we can stretch Kenny's SSI check a bit further every month. Kenny is feeling the burden of paying all the bills, and he is getting overwhelmed. So wish me good luck on my interview today...

Lori

1 comment:

the walking man said...

Lori, what a great confidence filled post!

It really sounds as if you have taken the bull by the horns and now have a plan that can be believed in. AND worked towards.

You know we are in a very similar situation. I have my SSD and a small pension, we owe very little debt wise but now we really are out of this buyers market for housing because we have only this small income and not much of a way to earn more. *shrug* Insha Allah (in the hands of God)as our Muslim bretheran say all the damn time.

One good thing about this current economic is that there is NO SHAME in walking away from debt. Get your place in the country and fuck 'em. They actually forced debt on you so simply give it back.

That would be my way. They, the banks and government made this economy, you did as they lead, ergo let them eat the pain. The ones who made fortunes off of your spending. Time to give the pain back!

Good luck Lori & Kenny, you guys are an example of faith and love. hang in there and go to the farm.

Peace