May 3, 2008

Theytriedtomakehergotorehab



I love her voice. I feel bad that she has many demons and that the public seems to enjoy making her the butt of numerous jokes. People forget that she is also someone's daughter and someone's wife. Some celebrities seem to do a better job of being discreet with their illicit personal habits. Others, not so. I guess I don't understand our fascination with trainwrecks. Does it makes us feel better to know that a celebrity has problems in their fabulous life? I just remember when someone told me about her music and I checked it out and thought, "Wow, what a voice, something new and fresh"..than I started hearing the "stories"...I can't imagine what it must be like to have your every move scrutinized for millions of people to see, judge and comment on. Seems to me like it stinks. Britney Spears, Anna Nicole etc..everyone just seems to love hearing what a mess they are. I remember John Belushi for being tremendously funny, not for dying of a speedball. Is it our human nature to find pleasure in other's shortcomings and weaknesses? I hope not. I hope Ms. Winehouse continues to sing

1 comment:

the walking man said...

The paparazzi and tabloids have turned us into a voyeuristic society Lori. It was the British tabloids that led the charge on this. *Shrug* Britney and Paris seem to have it organized where they want the flash bulbs going. No publicity is worse than bad publicity.

I don't look to them in any way so I guess I don't care about them. People will look or not as they will, it is similar to rubbernecking at an accident albeit a very orchestrated one.

Peace

mark