Sep 28, 2008

I love my boy!!

There are moments that you have as a parent that make all the other bullshit seem rather insignificant. It's when they do right. This morning my phone is ringing. It's a gentleman J works with to call to tell him to get ready for church!!!! He had worked till midnight washing dishes. My child is not a rosy, perky, morning dude. Yet, up he got and off to church he went. Well when he came home he had "that glow", the one you get when the service rocks. I let him be, didn't bug him. But damn was I proud. Than, my husband's birthday is tomorrow. Kenny turns 51. This man is not his biological father, he has raised him since he was 4 months old. Took care of him when I went off on the drugs years ago, and has been his rock from day one. We are having a family get together tomorrow in PA with his brother and his wife and kid. Jesse saved up his money and really went waaaayyy above and beyond in his gift purchasing. He snuck out and bought it, on his own. I said, "J, that was so nice"..He just looked at me like I am clueless ( he does that alot), and said "That's my dad, he deserves it"..Those are the moments you know as a mother, that even if you had numerous faults, something got thru. My father, who J adored was a very generous man. So I could see my dad's influence. I am so happy within tonight. All is right in my little families world. I wasn't a perfect mom, I am me, but my son is becoming a decent man, all on his own. My dad always said that parenting was the most thank-less job on the planet..and than he would laugh..I beg to differ..it might feel that way at times...but the times that they do what's right, at the perfect time..that is more than thanks..it's a blessing...

Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful!!!

1 comment:

meemawfish said...

I know I've never commented before but I'm still reading and I love this. You should be very proud of your son and I'm sure he will be an awesome father one day to his kids and you should take some credit for it.
Meemaw