Jan 10, 2009

The Prodgial Son is on his way to me!

Jesse is on his way to Georgia as I am typing this. The novelty of being a man on his own has finally worn off, Thank God. Whatever he was going through, something happened to make him change his mind. He is enroute now and shall arrive here around noon tomorrow. This mother will go to sleep with peace of mind. He has just learned a valuable life lesson. The one we all find out eventually. When all the roads come to an end, the only people you can rely on is your family. My son though he had all these "friends". He was mistaken. He had buddies. my brother in law and his wife left to bring him down here. By noon on Saturday Baggy Pants and I shall be face to face again, in one house. That umbilical cord is one powerful thing.

2 comments:

the walking man said...

I wonder what you'll say when the baggy pants are gone, the T shirts of childhood turned in for those of a working man suffering the grind, the lad's a man of 28 and yet living with mom & pop? ha ha ha ha ha ha

Lori said...

Please don't curse this boy on me for another 10 years. Have you noticed this generation of kids don't move out? What the hell happened? When I was growing up we all moved out at 18, rather happily. Now this breed has become adults living in the basements of their parents.