Nov 8, 2009

Ponderings

I am thankful for many things in my life. It might not seem like much. i have a job, a roof over my head and food. I am working with old, dear friends. Progress financially is slow, but I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Sunday mornings are my favorite time to reflect. I get up early so I have time to read and write before I got to work. Oh yeah, can't forget my dog. My son goes without saying. We had a few dollars to splurge at McDonalds, ugh, last night. It made him happy and it made me feel good to give him $10 to go. Once I get squared away rent wise etc, my next goal is to see the (dentist). Very scared. My top teeth need alot of work. They are causing me tremendous pain. So I am going to call the medical school and see what needs to be done adn how much. I have always taken care of my teeth, even when I was actively using, Now I am on 3 different types of medicine, been taking them for the last 5 years. The dentist told me that most meds make your mouth dry, which is what causes tooth decay. They even make a special toothpaste for people who take medication to keep saliva in your mouth. So that is my next important goal. Time to get ready for work. My days off are Monday and Tuesday. So this is my personal THANK GOD IT'S SUNDAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Lou said...

I know about the dry mouth and tooth decay from meds. Andrew has that also. He uses Sensodyne, the most expensive tooth paste! He told me he wants to get his teeth pulled and just have false teeth later *sigh*

Hope you had a busy day at work, I know you love to be busy..LOL..and then ENJOY your days off.

Love ya, Lou

butterflies said...

I went to the dental school in the OU medical hospital and it was a fraction of the cost.They took a long time and the supervisors came and checked all the time but it was well worth the savings.

Lori said...

Lou- We got busy late, when I was already tired, but I am a team player so I stayed and took the last party of 12, which helped my pocket. They need to let people know who take medication of a daily basis that they really need to wathc their dental care.

Butterflies- We have a dental school here called The University of Md. That is where I am going to get my dental work done. They are alot cheaper than a private dentist. Yes, you do have to wait a long time, but the savings I agree, are worth it.