Mar 28, 2008

I need a soldier!!!!!



I don't need a soldier...I have one...Anyone who can hang with me for 18 years is def a soldier....Our dog is a canine soldier...Auggie rocks...Everyone is so damn scared of him, the pit bull stigma...He is the most lovable dog you would ever meet. It's all good though, because I would rather people think he's a beast and not break in my damn house. On the homefront my son got the job...I bring my boy to work with me tonight, he is now a dishwasher....on Friday and Saturday nights...My man has the blues...His brother was supposed to drop him off a little "gift" last night. The point is we hooked his brother up with the person, and his brother called yesterday and was in trouble physically, and asked us for the guys number, Kenny set it up, had the guy ride out to Rick's work and take care of him...so Rick was supposed to drop Kenny off a little thank you gift.,...well once he got right, he started putting Kenny off, said he would bring it by in the am, well of course that never happened. I hate talking in circles, but most people know what I am talking about. Anyhow, Kenny's feelings are more hurt than anything. My man believe's in that Pacino quote..."All you have in this world is your word and your balls..and you don't break them for nooone". Even tho we are out of the game for the most part, if someone is in trouble and we can help we do what we can. I don't like to see anyone ill. I believe addiction is a disease, and I watch people struggle every day to make it. Especially working addicts. Rick is on parole and has a really good job, but he just started pain management, and he thought the doc would write him for methadone, like mine does.. Nope, he wrote him Oxy's..the 10's- 1 in the am and 1 in the pm..Well they don't work for him. Rick blew threw his month supply in about 1 week and is stranded...so hence, he had to turn to the street. I told him to be honest with his doctor and tell him that Oxy's are not the right drug for you. Methadone works great for long term chronic pain. Once you find the right dose, it will hold you 24 hours and you don't need to keep increasing the amount of medication. Everyone thinks methadone is just for "junkies", but my doctor prefers methadone for people who suffer from chronic pain, due to the long lasting effects. It is wonderful at masking pain. Back to Kenny, his brother gave him his word, if it weren't for Kenny making the phone call and setting things up, his brother would have been stuck at his work, sick as a dog. He would have done it regardless, but Rick said hey I am spending $150, let me send something your way, so Kenny got his hopes built up, because he only does it once in a blue moon, and than his brother started the bullshit "I got you, but this/that came up...etc.."...Kenny told him on the phone this morning, "don't worry, it's no thing"...I guarantee when I go to the doctor on Monday Rick will be blowing up my cell phone, begging and guess what....Oops, something is gonna come up.....petty, but when people come correct with me, I do what I can to act accordingly. I hate to see anyone, my son, husband, my girl anyone that I love hurt...because than it is just like you hurt me. Kenny is one of the most decent men I have ever been with, and he always treats people properly. There is an expression..."you fuck with my dog, I'll kill your cat"....and that's all I have to say for now.. Have a great day everyone...


Lori

No comments: