Mar 13, 2008

And I feel fine....



Michael Stipe is one of a kind. Huge fan...Do you ever notice how there are certain musicians or bands that just hit that chord within you, and you just know instantly they are great? That is how I felt when I first heard REM. Their sound is so unique and I don't think has yet to be replicated.

On the home front, things are pretty dark. I am up early because it is nice and peaceful, plus I have been laying off of the Xanax. I have a feeling I am going to need all the clarity I can muster. The shrink, who also treats my husband, gave me a textbook on paranoid schizophrenia...to help me better cope with Kenny. It helps to understand it, but doesn't make it any damn easier to live with. So my decision right now is to take care of me and my responsibilities. The grand opening of the new restaurant is tomorrow, which is also my second shift there. The place is beautiful, the menu is great and I am keeping my fingers crossed. The big attraction is the glass blowing shop/gallery next door. That is what the owner's son does for a living and seems to be very successful at it. So I just hope it isn't too upscale for this side of town. This part of East Baltimore isn't very "trendy"...I am hoping that good food, wine and service will speak for itself. All the key ingredients for this place to be successful are in place, plus the decor is all the hand-blown glass, hence the name, The Glass Grille. If I were a customer and sat at the bar I would definitely feel very comfortable. I think cozy and clean is a good way to describe this restaurant. My main goal right now is to pay off past debts, become financially independent and stay relatively grounded and centered. Baby steps, right?

No comments: