Jun 12, 2008

Let the madness ensue

Calif. police: Things get ugly at the gas pumps
Tue Jun 10, 8:06 PM EDT
Loading... 346 Recommendations

CYPRESS, Calif. — Violence broke out at the gas pumps in Orange County. Police say a La Palma doctor waiting in line to buy gas at the Costco warehouse store in Cypress grabbed a tire iron and confronted a motorist who cut into the line.

Sgt. Tom Bruce said the doctor was arrested and booked for investigation of brandishing a deadly weapon in a rude, angry or threatening manner, a misdemeanor.

Witnesses told police the doctor was in line at the pumps Monday evening when another vehicle cut in front of him. When the doctor confronted the motorist with a tire iron, the other driver locked himself in his car and called police.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Loading... 346 Recommendations

* Email Story
* Discuss
* Print
* Digg
* Del.icio.us
I am not fixated on gas, but these stories just catch my eye. I think we will be seeing more and more articles like this, with a gradual progression of more violence. By the way...I won the battle on behalf of mom. They split the back bill over 12 months and tacked it onto the current one. If you call that winning. It took 3 hours of begging and pleading on the phone. The first hour was spent trying to speak to a real human, not an automated voice. I just paid off my own judgment with them...they are brutal. The issue in my state is that they just increased our bill by almost 75 percent in one year. Sorry folks, that is fucked up. Where are the people who represent me and my neighbors? The state is going to force people to start resorting to alternate energy plans..such as...breaking out that extra long orange extension cord and "borrowing" from our neighbors...just kidding I swear.... I have seen it done tho...and that's all I am saying about that...

Peace....Lori

1 comment:

Wanda J said...

I SO agree with you on that, we are going to see some real ugliness happen soon, and not just people waving a tire iron. They're already angry about having to pay these high prices, they find a station with a price that's (relatively) not bad, and wait in line with the other people who found the same station, and then someone's going to cut in line?? "Oh hell no, ain't happening, buddy!" POW! The powers that be just don't realize that these high gas prices affect a lot more than our pockets....