Jun 10, 2008

One Nation Under A Groove




Listening to the radio this morning and heard this song, Who Got the Hooch? I think it is by Everlast or Sublime..not sure..got me thinking about alcohol..How alcohol is so very socially acceptable in our society yet, from years of working in bars/restaurants, I have heard many a drunk talk about a stinking junky? Please explain the difference? I have seen many shivering men/women at 6am waiting for the bar to open, just like you see the junkies waiting for their dope in Baltimore. Sick is sick, is it not? I know this is nothing new to write or think about, just something that my mind hasn't grasped yet. Is there a difference between having two glasses of wine to relax or popping a valium? I admit to liking some vino with certain foods, it does complement the food. If you have ever been to a local karaoke bar, I will guarantee you that after a couple drinks there will invariably be a couple up on stage staggering and swaying while they sing, I Got You Babe...brings a tear to the eye, it does...fucking beautiful...I have also seen that same couple after a few more cocktails throwing barstools at each other. Go figure? Drunken love, cocaine lust, heroin nods...vomiting pills....the whole damn gamut....one big merry go round, that never stops, unless you are brave enough to jump off. I think I will just watch the damn whales...

Have a beautiful day, Lori

2 comments:

the walking man said...

Whale watching is good Lori...Alcohol and drugs, yea girl! I've used both extensively. Getting off ain't so bad once you get through the first 48.

I simply had to choose what was the more economically necessary when my income was cut in half...the shit or food?

Lori said...

Well I love to eat now....have the extra 15lbs to prove it..lol...

Lori