Jun 9, 2008

Whales




Been awhile since I have posted, been reading online alot. Started packing some odds and ends up. Just haven't felt the primal urge to write, more of an urge to scream. I hate going thru boxes and making the decision- save/throwaway.....I wouldn't say I am a packrat...I do seem to have acquired quite a bit of paper documents...Most of which are unnecessary and just take up space. I quit where I was working because we made a decision as a family that the little bit of money I was making simply wasn't worth me not being home. The one thing I have learned this week being home, is this...there isn't shit on tv..sorry for the language..I love watching stuff like Blue Planet. The ocean never ceases to amaze me. It is probably beautiful and pure because we humans don't inhabit it. This episode was about the magnificent blue whale. What an amazing creature. Just sitting watching dolphins and whales I can literally feel my blood pressure lowering. To quote my doctor...The mind is a powerful thing...(I am sure he isn't the only one to spout that quote) So I am getting things in order, paying off debts that I can, and gearing up for a change. As someone has told me "Ain't nothin to it but to do it"...

Lori

1 comment:

the walking man said...

Lori,
I have been fighting the urge...to go through and start shredding useless papers papers, there are so many but I know that as soon as I feed one into the shredder, some letter will come about that dictates the need for it.

Shit is a good and earthy word! I use it a lot.

At some point in time working does become more expensive than the wage justifies.

The oceans have hot spots that are pretty fucked up. Mostly near coastal regions though. Whales are as bit as a battle ship and wondrous in their ability to move that bulk. I like whales too.

Glad you are able to work towards that move, it sounds like a good one.