Jun 13, 2008

Sunshine on my shoulders




Decided to go out and heal my mind and spirit by a good bake in the sun...when you are flat on your back and the sun beats down on your bones, especially the tired ones, you can feel the repair. I get so caught up in what I think must be done, daily pressures, demands, that I forgot how good it feels to lay and bake, even the sweat feels healthy. The head is uncluttered when I am getting braised. God knows, my mind is fried (j/k sorta) Sanity is relative I have learned. Some of the most demented people I have spent time with have spouted some of the sagest pieces of advice to me. Go figure....
I think I am going to turn off this old thing and go back out and bake some more...

Peace...Lori

2 comments:

the walking man said...

So uhh before you go out and bake, do you use a spice rub or marinate in liquid for a period of time?

Another one of the dichotomy's...sun will cause skin cancer but sunlight is necessary fr well being...go figure. Personally while not a sun enthusiast I like to see people who are.

Lori said...

I don't tan regularly, just was starting to get a little Casperish...Plus I need some silence and peace...and it works for me...I beg Kenny, leave the darkenss of the basement. I seriously believe part of his depression is from sitting in the dark. It can't be healthy.

Oh,I stay away from the spices...than someone might want to eat me...(could be a could thing,lol) Old school-baby oil...

Sending rays of light your way,

Lori